|Job Ref:||204649800||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£20000 - £28000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:55|
IT Support Technician|
Cordius is the exclusive recruitment partner to this leading privately owned Research and Development organisation in Derby.
We present an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing company assisting the UK to develop world class technology solutions. The role of the IT Support Technician is to provide first line support for all of my clients' staff. As the IT Support Technician you will work primarily on site or remotely by phone, email or using web-based applications. Please be aware that staff or external organisations may be considered clients.
- Experience of Win Server 2008/2012 Active Directory Domain Control, Virtualised Systems (Hyper-V), Backup/Restore Disaster Recovery Methodologies.
- Significant experience of Server Hardware, UPS Systems, NAS, Firewalls, Routers, Intelligent Switches, Desktop Machines (Win 7.1/8.1/10), Access Control Systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including Operating Systems (Windows, Linux and Mac) and across a range of Software Applications
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incidents when called upon
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff/clients in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests
- To install and configure new IT equipment and upgrade existing systems
- To actively support the organisation's migration to ISO 27001
- You will predominantly be office based, but may have to visit other departments within the wider organisation.
- You may need to travel to external clients or to different locations as required by the business.
Salary: £20,000 - £28,000 + Benefits
Location: Derby, East Midlands
Cordius Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy