|Job Ref:||204649819||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum package||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:22|
Temporary works/Geotechnical/Civil Engineer|
Salary - Negotiable
We are recruiting for a rapidly expanding construction company based in the North West for customers in both the UK and Ireland.
As a result of the company's success we are looking to recruit an engineer with between 6-10 years' experience with a focus on temporary works and geotechnical engineering. You will work with the civil design team, and we will expect for you to be involved with design of permanent works in the future.
Responsibilities will include:
* Providing temporary works for a variety of small to medium schemes;
* Ensuring all designs adhere to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and Company policies;
* Apply engineering knowledge to analyse the structural integrity of excavations and temporary works structures;
* Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying
* innovative and cost effective strategies and design solutions;
* Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
Successful applicant will have the following:
BEng/MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering, or a BEng/MEng/BSc in a similar construction related engineering discipline will be considered
Understanding of construction methodology and design principles with specific reference to Groundworks and Temporary Works
Understanding of the practicalities of the erection, use and dismantle of temporary works, as well as its main functions in key industry sectors, and apply this knowledge to improve our service provision, processes and standards