|Job Ref:||204649831||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Salary:||£0 - £45/annum package||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:04|
QUANTITY SURVEYOR - LEADING TIER ONE CONTRACTOR - UP TO £45K + BENEFITS - GUILDFORD|
Would you like to work on some of the most exciting and interesting construction projects in the UK? Our client is a leading tier one construction company which focuses on commercial and residential projects from anywhere between £15 - £40 million in value. This FTSE 250 company prides itself in having over 100 years experience and proven competence to undertake complex projects.
Over it's different divisions, throughout London & the South East, the group employs over 3,900 staff and boasts a strong base of repeat clients. With our client each day will bring you a new and different challenge and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment.
They strongly believe that their work is defined by the people who work for them which is why they enable their people to be directly involved in shaping their own career through offering support at the different stages of your career. They believe in fostering talent in order to remain the successful business they are.
* Ensure all team members understand project accountabilities and objectives.
* Regularly reviews project accountabilities.
* Regularly monitors project objectives facilitates a change in process where appropriate.
* Regularly reviews group CR policies and ensures project teams are updated.
* Liaises with client and project teams to maximise group CR policies and or opportunities.
* Demonstrates understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up.
* Ensure Wates main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed.
* Agree and implement project strategies with all relevant parties.
* Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value.
* Ensure all Wates subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to:-
* Measurement and valuation
* Contractual instructions / notices / orders
* Health and Safety
* Monthly MCR
* Procurement reports
* Agree and produce main and subcontract final
* Experience working with a Main Contractor on similar projects
* Experience in 2 stage tenders and procurement
* Ability to understand financial reports and accounts
* Demonstrable experience working on commercial & residential sites
* Easy access to M25 desirable
* Minimum 5 years experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other quantity surveyor roles within the commercial build sector, please contact Jen on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)