|Job Ref:||204649976||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Irlam||Address:||Post Code:||M44||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:48|
JOB TITLE: Technical Release Engineer|
LOCATION: Irlam, Manchester, Relocating to Salford Quays from April 2017
SALARY: Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Short description of the position:
To control, shape, improve and undertake technical deployments within the TalkTalk Production and Non-Production environment estates, we are looking for candidates passionate about excellent operations and brimming full of innovative ideas.
TalkTalk will develop the post holder to be part of a team of technical experts responsible for ensuring deployments are operationally validated, and performed at the correct time, to instruction, and confirmation steps executed.
You will work closely with developers, designers and architects to understand the systems and applications. The release engineer will also be guiding releases and setting and overseeing standards.
Main responsibilities of Technical Release Engineer:
• To undertake technical deployments within the TalkTalk Production and Pre Production estates meeting the needs of the release schedule.
• Developing excellent system knowledge, the post holder will be the technical expert responsible for ensuring deployments are operationally-validated, and performed at the correct time, to instruction, and confirmation steps executed.
• You will be responsible for post deployment checks and working closely with development to understand the issue and agree on a solution.
• The release engineer will also be expected to ensure the release is done according to agreed standards.
• The job holder will have a clear understanding of the escalation process and be able to deal with technical difficulties autonomously whilst being aware of the wider implications of changes to a product code and application. Overall accountability will be to the Head of Technical Operations.
• The ability to identify problems and judge the seriousness and implications will be key. The job holder will be expected to understand and guide others to solve any technical difficulties where possible with an in depth knowledge of the product.
To be considered successful you will:
• SQL skills to understand code
• Microsoft messaging technologies
• Knowledge and experience with IIS
• Experience in Vendor Technology like BMC Blade Logic, BMC Remedy Pega is desirable but not required.
It's an exciting time to be a part of TalkTalk as we lead the way as the UK's leading provider of value for money landline, broadband, mobile and TV services with a customer base of over 4 million amid continued growth. With a commitment to developing its talent, TalkTalk offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
In return, we offer employee benefits that are second-to-none and include attractive discounts off our exciting range of products and services, and a challenging but supportive work environment within a highly innovative division of TalkTalk. We believe that working at TalkTalk is more than just a job. With a commitment to developing talent and putting our customers and the wider community at the forefront of everything we do, we believe that TalkTalk really is a Brighter Place for Everyone!
How to apply
If you are driven and focused on getting results and thrive in a fast pace environment, this might be the opportunity you're looking for!
Apply now to the TalkTalk Careers team via the online application link