|Job Ref:||204650514||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Devon||Address:||Post Code:||EX13||Salary:||£36000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:23|
Position: Marine Manufacturing Manager|
Location: South West
Salary: £36- 45K.
One of my Super yachts clients is currently looking to bring on an experienced Manufacturing Manager to help with deliver their extensive new build super yacht order book. The Successful candidate would report to the management team and work closely with out departments at a senior management level. Your main responsibilities will be to lead all manufacturing to ensure that all project plans and budget profiles are delivered on time and budget.
- You will be required to help with any design production system to ensure that they are implemented and maintained throughout the company.
- Making sure that all products are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest standard.
- Help drive and improve the manufacturing engineer teams.
- Drive continuous full cycle build / programme delivery. Provide clear objectives and co- ordination of cross functional resource including sales, development, purchasing, manufacturing, assembly and quality.
- Produce and maintain detailed project plans and progress report to be reviewed at director level on a weekly basis.
- Strict deadline must be carefully managed.
- Analyse and improve material usage.
- Investigate any downtime and identify trends and develop solutions.
- Frequent monitoring of production status and effectively implementing strategies to improve delivery, quality and to budget.
- Responsible for achieving budget and
- Management experience in luxury manufacturing or marine, preferably with large yacht build experience.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- In depth knowledge and experience of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), and Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Six Sigma
- Ability to work under own initiative and experience handling budgets
- Thorough knowledge of relevant processes and able to carry out quality audits
- Strong Leadership and Experience in supervising a team
- Able to read drawings and impact on production
- Lean Manufacturing basics -Problem solving techniques, A3 reporting, visual management, 6S