|Job Ref:||204650698||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stockport||Address:||Post Code:||SK1||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:07|
Job Title: .Net Developer|
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
To undertake the analysis, design, coding and testing of Capita's Travel and Events systems; to undertake the maintenance and support of these systems; to undertake project management as required; to contribute to Capita's knowledge base and influence the strategic development of Capita's technology platforms
About Capita | Travel and Events
Capita Travel and Events is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are the fourth largest travel and events management company in the UK, specialising in business travel and events management. We strive to be the most flexible and reliable Business Travel Management Company, always delivering a high standard of quality and value to our customers.
Truly understanding our sector and the suppliers within the industry, our knowledge helps our customers to reduce costs and drive quality and value.
What you will do:
* Responsible for the analysis, design, coding and testing of components and sub-systems
* Provides estimates for the development of components and sub-systems
* Role model for software development and unit test best practices
* Maintains and supports existing software
* Takes an active interest in technology.
* Makes recommendations regarding the systems and software, both voluntarily and as requested.
* Any other areas of responsibility as appropriate to meet the needs of the business
Your experience will include:
* Proven experience as a .Net (C#) Developer
* Requirements Analysis - Questioning, listening to, and understanding a customer in order to extract their exact requirements
* Solution Design - Taking requirements and designing a solution that meets those needs; to include selection of technology, tools, patterns/practices, maintainability, reliability, performance etc
* Strong experience delivering software within a fully Agile team, fully participating in all Agile ceremonies
* Strong user interface design and build skills. This may come in the form of web development (using all the relevant skills in HTML/CSS/Scripting/etc) or Windows Desktop development
* Web Design
* Windows desktop application design
* Any .Net certifications
* Experience of new/emergent Microsoft development technologies
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us