|Job Ref:||204650854||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:04|
Quantity Surveyor - Bristol|
At Careys - We Care
The Carey Group is a leading independently owned Construction Company, operating across the UK and Ireland. We are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction; we will always deliver on our promises and ensure excellence in all that we do. The Carey Group is a successful business which continues to evolve and grow. This is possible because of the high calibre of staff we employ, the exemplary staff retention levels we hold, and our continuing investment in our people.
We are in an exciting growth period, currently undertaking a variety of large-scale projects between with contract values ranging from £0.5m - £30m and have very impressive growth plans throughout 2016/2017.
Purpose of Role:
The Carey Group has secured exceptional and landmark projects across a broad range of sectors, reflecting our depth of resource and expertise to deliver solution based contracts. Based across various sites within the South West region, our Quantity Surveyors (QS) play a vital role in the success of these projects; responsible for the effective management of the commercial function of their site/s.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the post holder will take commercial and contractual control of a number of on-going projects, predominately consisting of concrete structures and build.
We are seeking an ambitious candidate with leadership ability and an exceptional 'Teamwork Ethic' who is not only highly motivated to control the day-to-day commercial functions, but a 'driver' who can see the bigger picture and who can demonstrate the ability to pull our teams together through collaborative working, as well as oversee other Assistant and Trainee Surveyors.
• Managing costs on a wide variety of new building projects and structures
• Administer agreements between various parties on a traditional build basis as well as design and build
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
• Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans
• Performing risk and value management and cost control
• Advising on procurement strategy
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
• Preparing and analysing costs for tenders
• Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems
• Allocating work to subcontractors
• Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded
• Appoint and administer sub-contractor to carry out works including subsequent agreement of final account
• Providing advice on and producing contractual claims
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments
• Developing knowledge relevant to contract conditions and their applications
• Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
• Develop sub-contract enquiry documentation understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
• Day to day supervision of Assistant and trainee Surveyors
• Liaise with the Estimating and Buying departments as necessary
• Attend Client meetings and sub-contractor meetings
• Attend Design and Value Engineering Meetings
• Produce periodic cost reports
• Liaise closely with Site Management team in respect of day to day matters
• Liaising with Clients / Employer's Agent / to agree interim valuations and final accounts
• Ensure that interim valuations are submitted and paid on time
A quantity surveyor is an integral part of any construction team and to be successful in the role, a broad range of key skills are required, including:
• Relevant professional Quantity Surveying qualification degree level or equivalent
• Working knowledge of MS office applications
• RICS/CIOB accredited
• COINS financial software experience (or similar)
• CSCS card
• Industry experience and knowledge
Our company is full of passionate and capable people and we need like-minded professionals to join us in shaping our company into the future. Demonstrate your ability and progress your career, working with an employer who cares about the well-being and satisfaction of their staff, by submitting your CV and cover letter.
Carey Group PLC are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer