|Job Ref:||204650970||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£60000 - £80000/annum Company Car + Bonus||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:56|
Business Development Manager|
Drives and Automation
£60,000 - £80,000 + Bonus + Car + Pension (Covering the South of England)
One of our long-standing partners requires the skills and expertise of an established Business Development Manager. This person will play a pivotal part in supporting the organisation in a new and exciting venture with a household name in Drives and Drive Systems.
Our clients are a global Automation & Control solutions provider/ integrator operating in some of the most technically advanced manufacturing markets across the UK and overseas. Off the back of a record turnover and with a growing project portfolio the company is now seeking a Business Development Manager to spearhead a new lucrative partnership with one of the world's leading Drives manufactures.
This is a new and exciting position within the company and will be the first piece of the jigsaw in an exciting new venture, helping develop partnerships with both OEM's and end users in growth markets supplying low voltage drive systems. As a Business Development Manager, you will be expected to have proven experience in a similar role within the control and automation industry. Ideally selling drives and drivetrain solutions into large OEM or End-users who are active in the following industries: FMCG, Food, Beverage, Packaging, Paper, and Pharma. You will be expected to work closely with the Sales Director to help establish an effective strategy to establish routes to market, looking at strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, and maintaining an extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
On a daily basis you will be expected to:
* Generate new business leads and arrange suitable appointments and meetings with existing and potential clients.
* Manage sales process from lead generation, pitching, through to asking questions around and about the potential solution, discussing the solution, negotiating and closing the order.
* Maintain a commercial awareness of competitor activities and projects.
* Represent the business at industry events and tradeshows in order to gain new business leads, contacts and drive commercial awareness.
* Ensure all sales opportunities are explored through pro-activeness and determination.
* Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisations.
* Set up meetings between possible new client decision makers.
* Participate in pricing the solution/service.
You will be a confident and professional Business Development Manager with extensive experience in Automation/Drives solution sales to OEM's. You will have 5-10+ years' experience of working in a Technical Sales or Business Development role.
With huge growth expected across 2016 and into 2017, this is a very exciting time to become a key part of our client's plans.
Our client regularly puts their staff through formal qualifications and training courses and has an internal function dedicated to this. It is important you have the willingness and motivation to want to constantly grow and expand your knowledge and experience.
For a confidential discussion how this appointment fits your career aspirations, contact Jamie Rafferty at Perpetual Partnerships for an informal and informative conversation