|Job Ref:||204650988||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kingston||Address:||Post Code:||S70||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum Package negotiable||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:04|
My client is a Surrey based building contractor, primarily focused on New Build, Refurbishment and Design & Build projects in London and the South of England up to a value of £6M. |
A position has arisen for a qualified estimator to work closely with the management team to provide an excellent service, secure work and develop their client base.
Due to increased workload they are seeking an Estimator to join our team to carry out all estimating duties including:
• Taking tenders from initial enquiry to submission.
• Provision of timely and accurate estimates
• Analyse contract documentation and prepare accurate subcontractor packages for pricing.
• Maintaining an updated cost base
• Liaise and negotiate with sub-contractors and suppliers
• Active participation in adjudication meetings
• Requirement to carry out some surveying duties when necessary
• Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
• Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years with a contractor in a similar role
• Knowledge of building material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking off) and H&S.
• Computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
• Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
• Well-spoken and personable
• Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
• Good organisation skills and attention to detail
• Confident and resourceful
• Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
• Self-motivated with ability to work alone or in a team
• Organised, problem solving and VE skills as necessary
• Local knowledge of suppliers and subcontractors
For more information or to apply please call Vic Chapman @ The 78 Group or email your CV