|Job Ref:||204651023||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£85000 - £95000/annum Car\Allowance,Fuel Card,Pension||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:56|
We are seeking a permanent Divisional Health and Safety Manager working out of the Manchester area overseeing major civil engineering and infrastructure projects across the UK working for a major principle civils contractor. |
The selected candidate will report directly to the Director of Civil Engineering and be responsible for all aspects of Safety compliance within the Civils Division. The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing and promoting best practice in health, safety and welfare matters in conjunction with the organisations Policies, Management System and Health & Safety objectives on all Civil Divisions Projects.
Essential Qualifications & Knowledge
• Graduate or Chartered Member of IOSH
• 5 years Senior health and safety management experience within the
construction industry working for major principle contractor.
• Fully aware of regulatory, legislative and company requirements
• Full UK driving licence
• A sound understanding of large Construction/Civil Engineering Projects.
• A good understanding of heavy plant operations and lifting activities.
• A good understanding of concrete structures, highway works and utility
• A good understanding of the principles underlying a behavioural based
safety culture within a large organisation.
• A track record in safety compliance auditing and reporting
• The ability and willingness to embrace changes and promote best
practice across the division
• The ability and drive to influence and facilitate at all levels within an
• The ability to monitor safety compliance upon site and offer practical
advice where applicable.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The selected candidate will:
• Have a good understanding of Behavioural training and the positive
effect that a good safety culture would bring to the business.
• Will pose strong Leadership Skills and be able to lead by example, yet
not shy away from being held to account for your actions and decisions.
• Be responsible for implementing and maintaining the organisations
Health & Safety Management System within the Business Unit, ensuring
compliance within the Civils Division.
• Be responsible for the planning and executing of internal audits as
required within the Business Unit and Projects to ensure compliance
with Client / Project and Organisations requirements.
• Support site teams in Investigations and produce reports on
incidents/accidents, and review reports submitted by site teams to
ensure appropriate corrective/preventative actions are identified and
• Be responsible for reviewing and evaluating the Group Health & Safety
Management System processes and documentation and supporting
Group Safety Manager in the development of the system.
• Ensure the Civils Division Health & Safety statistics are collated in a
timely manner and submitted to Group Safety Manager for reporting
• Review accident and incident statistics to identify trends and areas for
improvement, sharing such information across the organisation.
• Co-ordinate Health & Safety resource within the Civils Division.
Managing the workload of the Health & Safety Advisors and ensuring
the Project Managers and employees are aware of their Health & Safety
responsibilities and duties.
• Keep up to date with legislation changes and incorporate such changes
within the organisations procedures and policies.
• Ensuring the Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan, associated
Procedures and Instructions are in place, circulated and complied with
throughout the construction phase of all projects.
• Liaison with statutory authorities, Clients and other stakeholders on
Health & Safety issues.
• Provide input into pre-qualification, tender and health and safety award
• Disseminate information issued by Group Safety Manager to relevant
This role offers a very competitive salary and benefits for further information on the role please contact David Fletcher of CDM Recruitment Ltd.(Agy)