|Job Ref:||204651868||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:03|
Chartered Quantity Surveyor|
c£45k + benefits
Are you a Chartered Quantity Surveyor who wants to work on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading multi-discipline consultancy in the industry that offers plenty of scope for career progression and professional development. This company has offices all over the country and delivers projects worldwide.
As a Chartered Quantity Surveyor based in the Bristol office you will be responsible for providing advice on costs involved in building projects - site preparation, construction, labour, material and plant costs, fitting out costs, professional charges, taxes and likely running costs of new buildings.
The role will require you to be the key point of contact for a prestigious portfolio of clients, therefore a high level of communication skills and commercial awareness are essential to be successful in this role.
- Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
- Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
- Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project to ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan allowance and the overall project remains within budget
- Prepare tendering documents including Bills of Quantities
- Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
- Chartered status (MRICS or equivalent)
- Commercially focused
- Experience working within a comparable multi-discipline consultancy environment
You will receive excellent benefits including Private Health Care, a generous Company Pension scheme, 25 days holiday (increasing with years` service) and an excellent work life balance