|Job Ref:||204652084||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Sutton Coldfield||Address:||Post Code:||B73||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:24|
Design Team Leader - Intelligent Transport Systems|
Location: Sutton Coldfield
We are looking for a Design Team Leader for our Intelligent Transport Systems team. You will be responsible for developing technically robust project solutions in conjunction with your team, other disciplines within the organisation, the supply chain and the clients. Working in association with the Project Manager you will lead on the technical aspects of the project, risk management and be accountable for the development and design of highways technology infrastructure and asset solutions.
* Leading technical designs and ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget.
* Undertaking the checking of designs, studies and reports prepared by their team and providing effective feedback.
* Ensuring that all tender and contract documentation is prepared in accordance with MCHW and DMRB.
* Effectively managing an expanding team ensuring they have the required direction and support.
* Review and sign off of Technical Approval documentation and pro-actively liaising with Highways England Technical specialists.
* Identifying appropriate traffic management arrangements in conjunction with specialists to ensure projects are buildable and traffic management is fit for purpose.
* Liaising with the Project Manager to engage support from other groups within Kier, Mouchel, Supply Chain Partners or Sub-Consultants when required.
* Ensuring that the requirements of all relevant Authorities and Statutory bodies are incorporated into designs as appropriate.
* Liaising with Delivery and Commercial management teams as required to ensuring buildability reviews are undertaken and projects navigate through to construction efficiently.
* Chartered Engineer (CEng) with IET is desirable.
* Strong technical skills and experience of Highways England Technology Sssets and infrastructure e.g. Signs & Signals, MIDAS, CCTV, RCC & NRTS
* Knowledge and experience in the development and design of technology solutions delivered in to APTR & Motorway (including SMART motorways) networks.
* Proven project management of Highway Technology projects or tasks, development and delivery to programme and budget in a safe environment.
* Developing, mentoring and supervision of Highway Technology ITS staff.
* To be able to work with or advise key clients on technical issues in the highway technology ITS sector at a senior level.
* Good communication and report writing skills to meet with key client expectations.
Kier Group plc is a leading construction, services and property group specialising in building and civil engineering, support services, commercial property development, structured property financing and private and affordable housing. We employ over 15,000 people worldwide, and have an annual revenue of £3bn.
We offer the opportunity to grow and develop your career with a successful and progressive organisation, a highly competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Kier is an equality and diversity employer