|Job Ref:||204652454||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:03|
Design Projects Manager/Business Lead |
Industrial Process, Petro-chemical and Power Generation industries.
My client currently has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Civil / Structural Lead Engineer / Design Manager to lead, manage and co-ordinate their design office working on major design and build industrial projects.
Your Key Activities will include:
* Manage the design and CAD team, resource and ensure they are focussed on supporting the delivery of the designs to meet the needs of the business.
* Lead design assurance processes, identifying best practice for improvement and areas of concern.
*Represent the design department when necessary at internal and external meetings and, in the absence of the Design Engineer, to be the first point of contact within the department.
* Co-ordinate and manage the input from consultants and specialist sub-contractors engendering collaboration at the interface.
* Lead the implementation of BIM on major projects.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety, sustainability, cost, time, constructability and appropriate quality matters.
* Collate and promote strategic advice and knowledge associated with the designer?s processes and design management best practice.
* Provide operational, strategic, contractual and technical advice and support to bid preparation and project management.
* Promote business process for design management by contributing to / delivering training for managing design delivery and on company design management procedures / guidance.
* Promote use of engineering expertise and advice to add value to the process of design development.
* Manage delivery of guidance and service support to bid and project meetings to contribute a clear view for delivering design management.
* Keep management informed of divisional design management activity and progress
* Actively investigate emerging new techniques and technologies in design management and advise on suitable application within the division.
* Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
*Prepare conceptual designs with a view to the preparation of safe, practical and economic designs in accordance with current legislation.
*Prepare detailed designs in accordance with current standards and codes including calculations, design risk assessments and sufficiently detailed sketches for the preparation of working drawings.
*Checking the design work of other staff members and external designers.
*Knowledge of design delivery process and procedures gained through successful experience of design and design co-ordination role for projects.
*Knowledge of project management process gained through successful experience of project management.
* Knowledge of relevant legislation and how it relates to design implementation.
* Knowledge of appropriate design standards and procedures.
* Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engi
* Membership of an appropriate Institution (ICE, IStructE, etc.).
* Experience in Process Plant construction would be beneficial
You will have:
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* The ability to form effective relationships with partners and the delivery team.
* Strategic and a creative insight to understand the range of opportunities in invitations to tender and be willing to challenge the norm.
* Hands on experience of leading technical aspects of work-winning bids in a timely manner, and will know ?what good looks like? in bid submissions and work winning
CH5 Recruitment Limited are an equal opportunities employer and act as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy