|Job Ref:||204652411||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||North Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||DL8||Salary:||£32000 - £38000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:56|
Mechanical Engineer- Bespoke Robotics|
Location: North Yorkshire
£32,000- £38,000+ Benefits
I am seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work for a hi-technology business based in North Yorkshire. This growing SME are responsible for the design, development and manufacture of complex and bespoke robotic systems and ROV's supplied to an impressive portfolio of clients.
This is a well rounded and technical engineering position and will involve working on the development of products through the full lifecycle from initial concept though design to assembly, testing, manufacture and delivery.
Role and Responsibilities:
* The design, development and build of bespoke components, assemblies and systems identifying product developments, improvements and enhancements
* Production of 3D and 2D detailed design drawings 3D CAD using Solidworks
* Application of design calculations and analysis
* Hands on assembly and prototyping of complex electronic and mechanical systems
* Take an active involvement in all stages of the design process, from concept development, prototyping, testing and manufacturing handover
* Work closely with the production and manufacturing engineers
* Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to optimise the design and manufacture process
* Formulate and undertake robust testing programs to ensure safe and reliable product operation
* Undertake field trial testing of robotic systems including the production of field trial documentation
* Take an analytical approach to fault finding
* Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary engineering team to deliver projects
Experience and Background Required:
* Strong and technical mechanical engineering background
* Design and development experience with COMPLEX systems comprising of mechanical systems, pressurised systems, gas and liquid flow control, electronic controls and power electronics
* Practical hands on engineering skills with the ability to assemble, prototype and test complex mechanical and electronic systems
* Skilled user of Solidworks
* 5+ Years' experience in an Engineering / Mechanical Design Environment role
* Experience working on the design, development and build of complex and precision systems including hydraulics, pneumatics, actuators, motors, drives and mechanisms
* Experience working on electronic and/ or mechatronic systems
* A strong technical mechanical engineering understanding with the ability to work from first principles and perform hand calculations with a sound mathematical capability
* Knowledge of the practical considerations of geometrical and dimensional tolerancing and analysis
* A thorough understanding of modern materials and manufacturing practices and processes- 3D Printing, machining/ welding/ fitting ect - Aluminium, Brass, Stainless Steel
* An understanding of CE Marking and Machinery Directives
* Experience working on robotic systems and/ or ROV's is highly desirable
* Ability to use milling and lathe machines and practical skills with soldering and welding is desirable
* The ability to apply FEA is desirable
* A Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Product Design/ Mechanical Design or equivalent
This is a well rounded and practical engineering position and will suit a technical mechanical engineer with a desire to design, develop and build bespoke and complex systems.
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management