|Job Ref:||204652295||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||West London||Address:||Post Code:||W1||Salary:||£80000 - £85000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:56|
Head of Engineering (Ruby on Rails)|
London, United Kingdom • Engineering
My client is looking for a top-tier engineer to work closely with their CTO in building and managing both their web application and the engineering team.
They're a marketplace for mechanics that is bringing trust and transparency to car repair. The platform allows customers to gain real-time industry standard quotes and swiftly book a vetted mechanic online.
Founded 4 years ago, the company has grown quickly to offer nationwide coverage and is backed on its mission by such institutional investors as 500 Startups, and Forward Partners as well as angel investors including the former CEO of JustEat and Chairman of Treatwell.
They're looking to hire a Head of Engineering who can bring their experience and expertise to their engineering team, and work closely with the Founder/CTO in directing the team's future development. This is an upper-mid to senior level role where you'll be expected to provide both technical leadership and team leadership, while also getting time to write great code yourself.
Technology underpins their entire business, and they're constantly working to improve their core product and add new features. You'll have the opportunity to work on or manage projects such as improving their quoting engine using machine learning, developing integrations from new parts suppliers, or building a new mobile app using React Native.
This is a full-time, on-site role.
You'll be responsible for:
• Leading and managing their engineering team alongside their CTO.
• Building cutting-edge technology that will disrupt an entire industry, to the benefit of drivers all over the country (and hopefully further afield!).
• Providing technical leadership and contributing to decisions about new technologies, approaches or methodologies.
• Developing new product features and updating existing ones.
• Helping to plan and manage their engineering team's sprints.
• Working on any and all parts of their web application and mechanic app.
• Applying your previous experience to help overcome challenges scaling their software and engineering team as they grow.
They've built an online quoting engine that can generate quotes for all kinds of car repairs, servicing and inspections, drawing automotive data from numerous sources and transforming it to be accessible to consumers. It's already the best automotive quoting system in Europe, however there's still a lot left to do to fulfil their mission of bringing trust and transparency to all drivers.
You're their ideal candidate if you:
• Have experience managing and/or training Ruby on Rails developers (either as a mid-level or senior engineer).
• Enjoy improving processes and executing as an effective engineering team.
• Are an expert at sprint methodology and planning/managing sprints.
• Have previously created applications using Ruby on Rails.
• Aren't afraid of getting stuck in and working across the complete technology stack.
• Your work will help bring trust and transparency to an industry which is widely recognised for high levels customer dissatisfaction.
• Being part of an early-stage company where you can make a real impact on its brand and culture.
• Learning more about how a car works