|Job Ref:||204652171||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Whitchurch||Address:||Post Code:||HP22||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:24|
BMR Solutions is currently looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer to work for our client who is a special purpose machine manufacturer based in Bristol.|
Position: Technical Support Engineer
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 (Potential Earnings £50,000+)
Department: Technical Support Team
Reporting to: Service & Installation Manager / Customer Satisfaction Manager
Location: Bristol - Worldwide Travel
Job Type: Permanent
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays
Benefits: Company Car, O/T, Company Pension Scheme and Life Assurance (x3 salary), Free onsite parking
Sector: Engineering / Machinery / Field Service / Technical Support / Mechanical / Electrical / PLC / FMCG / Installation / Maintenance
Education & Training:
* An Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent.
* ONC/HNC or above in Electrical or Electro/Mechanical engineering is desirable.
Skills & Experience:
* Working with special purpose machinery.
* Computer based electro/mechanical control equipment.
* Understanding and troubleshooting machine related PLC programmes.
* Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
* Ability to use own initiative and engineering skills.
* Ability to work under pressure.
Outline of Job Requirements:
This is not a finite list of responsibilities but provides an outline of the types of tasks that will be undertaken.
* Installation and service tasks involving mechanical, electrical and electronics.
* Installation and commissioning of machines - supervising unloading of the equipment at customer plant, locating the equipment and connecting air, power services.
* Running equipment in a production environment to an agreed specification level, within pre-defined timescales.
* Training customer and Distributor personnel in operation and routine maintenance of our equipment.
* Receive on going product training.
* Assessment of maintenance needs and parts required to bring the machine up to a satisfactory performance level.
* Advising customer of future maintenance programmes and operator training.
* Short notice call outs at weekends and out of hours to establish problem and rectify fault.
* Liaising with in-house design engineers should modifications be required.
* Detailed visit report to be completed, outlining work undertaken and any outstanding actions.
* Field diagnostics and rectification of electrical programming issues.
Respond to customer technical support queries:
* Respond to technical queries by phone.
* Follow up technical queries raised during installation and requested service visits.
Performance Quality Review:
* Attend start up meetings for new machine orders and provide input into practical considerations for machine performance efficiency.
* Attend design reviews and provide constructive input into the proposed design solution.
* Review stages of machine assembly providing positive input for maximum operational performance and efficiency.
* Consideration should be focused on machine performance, operator interface and maintenance.
* Attend Checkout to ensure machine will achieve agreed specification and performance expectations.
Technical Support to Sales:
* Where necessary attend exhibitions to support machines and provide technical back up to the Sales Dept.
* Attend site with Sales Managers to provide technical and consultancy advice.
A service engineer is expected to work extended number of hours when project requirements demand it. This person will be expected to travel within the UK and abroad at short notice. This role covers a basic 37.5 hour week which includes weekends.
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency