|Job Ref:||204651730||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Leiston||Address:||Post Code:||IP16||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:23|
Location: Leiston, Suffolk
Salary: Attractive packages
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: 3 to 6 months contract available
dcs Sonovision UK provides a full range of Technical Publications to multi-national companies world-wide. We develop printed, electronic and online documentation, working to industry specific standards such as S1000D, ATA, JSP and DITA for the Defence, Energy and Aerospace sectors.
The role will primarily be producing and updating technical documentation for the nuclear power industry.
To be considered for this opportunity:
Minimum of 3 years` relevant experience within an engineering environment, with Nuclear experience an advantage.
• Experience with producing and updating; Operation and Maintenance Manuals, Receipt Inspections, Pre Assembly Procedures, Assembly / Dismantling Procedures, Commissioning Procedures, Project Definition Documents, Plant Operation Instructions, Functional Test Procedures, Station Operation Instructions, Plant Maintenance Instructions, System Descriptions
• Good understanding of engineering data in a variety of formats from Engineering drawings to Design Reports
• Adequate competency using different software packages for planning/reporting purposes
• Produce weekly reports for the project manager
• Attend productions meeting with the customers' management team
• A pro-active thinker that can provide potential solutions
• Ability to track production of tasks from conception to completion
• Drive and enthusiasm to achieve customer quality criteria
• Ability to work to deadlines and adhere to schedules
• Ability work with a minimum of supervision
• UK Passport
• UK Driving License
• Current SC Clearance an advantage
Our client is part of an international technical publications organisation with a strong business vision. Our UK offices in Letchworth & Bristol support a strong customer base which is rapidly growing.
Keywords: Technical Author, Technical Writer, Engineering, Nuclear industry, Manuals, Instructions, Engineering Drawings