|Job Ref:||204651643||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£8 - £12/hour||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:23|
£8.50 - £12.00 per hour + Shift
SUMMARY - MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The application of coatings required for all refinish parts- including preparation, polishing and re-work as necessary.
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
- To paint and produce refinished parts suitable for a right first time approach in a timely manner.
- To ensure all parts are to a set standard in line with current quality standards and concerns.
- To read and understand quality concerns issued via the quality department and technical team.
- To assist in the generation of process and testing documentation including testing reports, work instructions, control plans, care-points, mixing information and other relevant production and health and safety literature when required.
- Ensure all parts are registered as per the internal data logger system.
- To ensure all data is recorded accordingly and in line with current TS audits for customer accreditation and requirements on all report literature.
- To promote awareness towards product care across all departments internal and external.
- To ensure all parts are delivered to paint from other departments in an acceptable condition prior to starting any paint process, ensuring parts are correctly identified and labelled.
- Provide support when necessary to other team member`s as required.
- To attend additional training as requested by the company.
- Assist technical trials when required in line with all future work requirements and new business development.
- Support other departments within the paint shop as necessary.
- Advise on other areas which can be improved to support a forward thing culture.
- Support team leaders when required.
- Ensure all work areas are kept clean and in a safe working condition.
- Strive to produce the best quality parts at all times.
- Attend all shifts on time in the appropriate company uniform.
- Assist in fixture cleaning and accounting when and where necessary.
- To consider all aspects of H&S within the workshop/paintshop at all times.
- Ensure all H&S requirements are adhered to when mixing paints.
- 5 years plus experience working as a Refinishing Technician within the Automotive Industry.
- City & Guilds level 3/NVQ Level 3/ATA Accreditation/ ATA Accessors accepted.
- To understand TDS/MSDS Sheets.
- Good numeracy skills to interpret mixing ratios and percentages.
- Good communication skills
- Able to convey technical information in a concise and clear manner.
- Self-motivated - able to work to tight deadlines, both as part of a team and individually.
- Flexibility - able to support the needs of a rapidly growing, dynamic business.
- Personnel Management - experience of successfully managing paint tasks in a self-motivated manner in a high pressure environment.
- Able to drive and be flexible