|Job Ref:||204651374||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Waterbeach||Address:||Post Code:||CB25||Salary:||£10000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:56|
Are you looking for an opportunity to start a career in Engineering?|
Our client, AIM Altitude is looking for 4 Apprentice Composite Technicians who can join the Composites business in Waterbeach, Cambridge.
Becoming a part of AIM Altitude could lead onto a career with engineering and a great salary. Working at AIM Altitude will be challenging but immensely rewarding.
AIM Altitude will be working with TXM Academy, to deliver classroom base learning and on site training. Experience is not essential, as this Apprenticeship will give you the necessary skills to excel in the Composite industry.
Working week: Monday-Thursday 08:00-16:30 - Friday 08:00-13:00
Total of 37 hours a working week.
Benefits: Include 25 days annual paid holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- To produce high quality composite components
- Learn to Laminate, Trim and Inspect Composite Components to high standards with demanding time constraints
- Maintain a clean and tidy workshop
- Checking finished jobs as part of quality control
- To appreciate a respect all individuals, no matter their ethnic diversity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Your Apprenticeship will consist of:
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Composite Engineering (QCF), BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Engineering (Specialist: Manufacturing Engineering), Functional Skills Qualifications in English Maths and ICT (If required)
- Grade C or above in English, Maths and ideally one other subject (Physics would be an advantage)
- Willingness and eager to learn new things and be part of an "industry of the future"
- Have a mature and responsible attitude
- Be able to follow instructions and work in a safe, tidy and clean manner
- Experience or interest in practical work
- A can-do attitude - must possess a positive attitude and display the ability to identify alternative solutions to problems
You can also expect:
- The opportunity to work at the forefront of composite engineering & production
- Full training programme with valuable hands-on experience
- Working in professional environment
Future Prospects: On successful completion of the Apprenticeship, there will be an opportunity to develop within composites across a wide range of sectors including motorsport, automotive and aeronautical.
Application Deadline: Midday - 20th September 2016
Assessment day: Candidates will be shortlisted to join our assessment day, which will be held on Thursday 22nd September 2016.
Start date: October