|Job Ref:||204651373||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£35000/annum Healthy benefits package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:56|
Production Controllers are responsible for making plans and schedules to meet changing customer demands, such as determining the amount of material and employees needed to achieve schedules and the capacity of the facilities. |
Internally one of the most important duties for any production controller includes constant communication with production team leaders and supervisors. Production controllers must tell purchasing how many supplies will be needed to complete an order. Similarly, they must also let material handling know when an order will be completed and ready to ship out.
* Assist Production in controlling production costs while maintaining the quality standards.
* Review firm orders and accordingly establish priorities and schedules.
* Coordinate and plan customer orders and deliveries.
* Monitor execution of job orders and adjust schedules for timely delivery.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge on company objectives, production strategies, stock targets and support activities.
* Plan and monitor material movement.
* Plan equipment, material and manpower requirements to meet production schedule.
* Coordinate with Production in resolving production planning and control issues.
* Work with cross-functional teams to complete orders on-time and within customer specifications.
* Perform inventory management according to company policies.
* Monitor inventory status and generate monthly inventory reports.
* Identify delivery exception and provide alternative solutions.
* Generate reports on production shortages for analysis.
* Address customer queries and concerns in a timely fashion.
* Develop process improvements for inventory, manufacturing and production control systems.
* Evaluate production control activities to ensure that final product meets customer specifications