|Job Ref:||204651361||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£33000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:22|
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an intermediate level Structural Design Engineer to join the sociable team of a multidisciplinary consultancy firm in Oxford.|
The firm are medium sized with 80+ employees across their offices. They offer services in Civil and Structural Engineering, Building Surveying, Land Surveying, Construction H&S and transport and highways engineering.
This team undertakes the following tasks
* Design of structures, including large framed commercial, education and residential projects
* Foundation design and assessment
The team is committed to the delivery of successful projects and a suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided.
Remuneration and training
The firm will provide a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package, including Private Health care, Pension Scheme (up to 5% of salary), Cycle to work Scheme, Gym membership, regular CPD seminars and full Chartership fees paid for. Other benefits include free parking at the office (alternatively it is close to the Overground rail). 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to buy and sell extra days.
This firm have a sociable and friendly working environment; they regularly attend events together, such as theatre trips and bowling. They have good morale and low staff turnover. There is strong commitment to training and development, for example new softwares, new design techniques, training programs for Chartered Status and external short courses.
Relevant skills & experience required
* An accredited MEng degree (or equivalent) recognized by the IStructE
* Have some years post-qualification experience with the idea of progressing towards Chartership Status of the IStructE
* Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages
* Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
A Structural Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks
* Prepare and review structural analysis and design calculations
* Assist in the preparation of drawings for conceptual and detailed designs
* Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities
* Co-ordinate projects and packages of work with minimal assistance
* Enhance and promote the firms image
* Attend site and design team meetings
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business