|Job Ref:||204651338||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:03|
PURPOSE OF JOB:|
As part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionally qualified staff, ensure the retention and development of both external and internal customers by the application of specialist technical knowledge and understanding of Standards and Building Regulations.
Manage risk on warranty products, claims and on building control applications in accordance with the relevant business area SLA's, technical policies and SOP's to ensure customer and statutory requirements are met.
* Manage own workload and allocated tasks by Inspection Manager area and Peer Group 1-3 builders to ensure relevant SLA's are achieved.
* Provide professional technical advice as well as support on the assessment of designs for compliance with Building Regulations and warranty standards including resolving problems with engineering aspects of any submissions.
* Negotiate with developers, builders and their professional advisors, from initial design to completion, to ensure proposals are satisfactory in relation to building control, warranty and land quality to relevant regulations.
* Manage the warranty aspects by supporting inspection staff with the provision of expert advice, inspection of high risk/complex elements of building work and review of progress.
* Prepare technical reports to builders and/or professional advisors and check reports prepared by others.
* On claims, agree brief with client, undertake investigations, report on finding, prepare solutions for remedial work schemes, issue tender information, assess costs and undertake site inspections.
* Manage all aspects of assigned claims projects to ensure delivery of outputs is within specified timescales and budget.
* Ensure compliance with HSE requirements for personal safety and that of others.
* Deliver technical presentations to both internal and external customers as required.
* Assist with training, coaching and mentoring of others as required
PROFILE OF JOB HOLDER.
* Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution.
* Extensive experience in the building/construction industry with knowledge of the housing and commercial sectors.
* Significant relevant knowledge and understanding of all aspects of superstructure, foundation and geotechnical design with regard to building structures.
* Experience of forensic investigations of buildings, defect identification and repair.
* Proven ability to make pragmatic and value decisions on compliance with Building Regulations.
* Able to work with a minimum of supervision in line with established policies and procedures.
* Significant knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards/legislation.
* IT literate with the ability to use a range of software programs.
* Good communication skills both verbal and written with appropriate interpersonal and presentational skills