|Job Ref:||204651318||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£38000 - £48000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:03|
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a senior level Civil Design Engineer to join the sociable team of a multidisciplinary consulting firm in Oxford.|
The firm are medium sized with 80+ employees across their offices. They offer services in Civil and Structural Engineering, Building Surveying, Land Surveying, Construction H&S and Transport and Highways Engineering.
This team undertakes the following tasks
* Design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
* Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice
* Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environment Appraisals
The team is committed to the delivery of successful projects and a suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided.
Relevant skills & experience required
* Degree in Civil Engineering
* Have multiple years post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD
* Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages
* Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
A Senior Civil Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks
* Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advice clients accordingly
* Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services
* Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities
* Produce technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues
* Enhance and promote the firms image
Remuneration and training
The firm will provide a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package, including Private Health care, Pension Scheme (up to 5% of salary), Cycle to work Scheme, Gym membership, regular CPD seminars and full Chartership fees paid for. Other benefits include free parking at the office (alternatively it is close to the Overground rail). 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to buy and sell days.
This firm have a sociable and friendly working environment; they regularly attend sociable events together, such as theatre trips and bowling.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business