|Job Ref:||204651305||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:22|
Our cilent is dedicated to delivering the highest levels of service and leading edge technology to ensure their client's life safety and security needs are comprehensively met.|
We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer in the Cambridgeshire area who can manage small works and aftersales projects from invitation to tender through to handover; ensuring smooth on schedule running including the achievement of all customer expectations and adherence to statutory regulations.
To provide a supporting role for the Company's Project Managers in the control and management of larger projects.
* To progress small works, aftersales and post contract sales enquiries.
* To conduct site surveys and to prepare quotations accordingly; giving due consideration to all applicable security and fire risk factors.
* To design and plan fire detection, access control, CCTV and intruder alarm systems.
* To ensure that the content of all quotations and system design specifications are compatible with the requirements of all applicable technical and regulatory standards (i.e. EN, BS, HTM) and BAFE/NSI Codes of Practice.
* To co-ordinate installation activities to ensure that they are carried out in a controlled manner and in accordance with the Company's documented procedures and processes plus any statutory and regulatory requirements that may apply.
* To actively monitor and manage project progress.
* To ensure adherence to all Company policies - including those for quality, health & safety and the management of false alarms.
* To provide reports as appropriate to the directors of the Company.
* To carry out any other job specific duties as deemed appropriate by the directors of the Company.
* To have experience in working on and project managing fire detection, access control, CCTV and intruder alarm systems to the applicable British and European Standards and knowledge also of all relevant BAFE/NSI codes of practice.
* To be conversant with the products and systems specified and with any significant limitations inherent in such products and systems.
* To be conversant with and up to date in respect of new technologies and regulatory standards that are relevant to the design process.
* To be conversant with installation requirements such that system design specifications are professionally compiled and finalised in a manner which gives clear and unambiguous information to the customer and to the installing engineer.
* To have the ability to plan and monitor work to tight time scales and deadlines.
* To have good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports and submission items for tender/contract.
* To have the ability to work creatively and innovatively dealing with core issues with customers.
* To have the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers and outside bodies.
* To be able to influence, persuade and negotiate effectively with all levels of person.
* To have the ability to understand and disseminate specifications and technical drawings.
* To be able to display initiative and to have strong attention to detail.
* To be highly result orientated with a strong drive to deliver/succeed.
* To have good organisational and time management skills.
* To have good presentation and customer facing skills.
* To be computer literate and proficient in all core Microsoft Office packages.
Additional responsibilities in time:
* To project manage major contracts from tender through to commissioning and handover.
* To sign off and assume responsibility for designs on behalf of the Company.
* To prepare and control monthly project budgets.
* To act as a focal point in all matters of design and installation.
* To attend and assist in BAFE and NSI assessment visits as required.
* To take an active role within the continuous improvement of Company systems.
* To audit Company procedures and processes to the relevant standards of ISO9001, SSQS101 and FSQS121