|Job Ref:||204651298||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Thursley||Address:||Post Code:||GU8||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:22|
Chief Engineer / Project Manager|
Location: Thursley, Goldalming, South West Surrey
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Mathwall Engineering are a UK based Engineering Consultancy that is part of the larger international Hofer Group that provides Design and Manufacturing services to some of the world's most prestigious Automotive OEMs.
We have plans for significant growth and live projects to support our ambitions. We expect the engineering team to double in size within the next 12 months.
We specialise in Engine technology, developing new engine systems and concepts for automotive applications and are now seeking a Chief Engineer / Project Manager on a permanent basis that can lead several engineering projects and will take overall responsibility for our site in Surrey and continue to grow the team.
This role has key responsibilities to manage ongoing and future projects and be the Primary Customer contact point. Coordinating all design and test activities working with other group companies in Germany and Austria to successfully deliver customer projects.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the staff and the test facility in Surrey and possess excellent management and communication skills to oversee activities at sites in Germany and Austria.
- Establish and maintain effective customer interfaces at various levels of the business.
- Lead the project teams to deliver future products
- Control, track and report program status
- Agree KPIs and report progress on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain program timing plans and budgets
- Manage & Develop the testing facility
- Grow and develop existing team
- Experience within the Automotive Industry
- General IC Engine design/development experience
- Proven Project / Program Management experience (GPDS / Gateways, etc.)
- Commercial and Financial awareness
- Team Leadership and Motivation
- Good IT skills
It would be desirable for the successful candidate to have experience of simulation tools such as MatLab / SimuLink and experience of electric motors, pumps or hydraulic systems.
The ideal candidate will possess a relevant engineering degree (e.g. Mechanical / Automotive). You will be highly motivated and able to define and meet program deliverables by team motivation. It is essential you have the ability to communicate at all levels.
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Keywords: Chief Engineer, Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Engineering Project Manager, Senior Engineering Manager, Lead Engineer, Chief Design Engineer, Chief Project Engineer, Automotive Design Engineer, Automotive OEM, Engine Design, Engine Technology, Autosport