|Job Ref:||204651295||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:07|
Our client, a leading supplier of managed IT service solutions and products, is looking for a Infrastructure Support Engineer (3rd Line) to operate in a key position within their Infrastructure Services Team (`IS Team`).|
The main purpose of this role:
- Work within a Customer Service focused support team
- Take ownership of complex/escalated 3rd Line customer ICT issues and problem solve to resolution.
- Lead installations of small-to-medium scale infrastructure projects including Primary School Solutions (with Free2Teach).
- Support a lead engineer for onsite installations of large-scale infrastructure projects and translate customers` requirements into technical specifications for quotations (as required).
- Ensure that all SLA targets are met for technical support calls (predominantly 3rd Line but 2nd Line if required)
- Communicate effectively within the Infrastructure Support Team over support calls and ensure that customers are regularly kept updated
- Provide excellent customer service at all times and ensure that a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved in response to support calls
- Build key relationships with the customer base, internal staff and Infrastructure partners
- Consider ideas to develop the Infrastructure Solutions and help the Business Development & Improvement Manager move those forward if they relate to our Primary School offering.
- Support a lead engineer for onsite installations of large-scale Infrastructure projects. To complete tasks diligently in accordance with project plans, ensuring high standards of work leading to timely sign off.
- Inform the Project Management team of any days booked out of the office or annual leave to ensure that the Capacity Planner is always kept up-to-date.
- Identify any new business opportunities for generating additional sales in support/consultancy and present those to the Commercial Manager.
- Remain up-to-date with the latest technologies that are core to the Infrastructure proposition.
- Support the Pre-Sales team for quotations of Infrastructure Solutions
- SAN and Virtualisation experience is essential.
- Good business language skills, in both verbal and written formats.
- Significant technical experience of successfully delivering complex installations (enterprise level Windows server and other Microsoft technologies), in a commercial environment.
- Strong time management & communication skills.
- Able to work with or under supervision.
Key skills and experience:
- Strong ITIL understanding.
- Significant knowledge of infrastructure services hardware and software including Servers, Storage, Networking, Wireless, Cloud etc.
- A proven track record of supporting infrastructure solutions on a Service Desk for SMEs
- Proven problem solving skills and fault resolution, either remotely or onsite at customers
- Experience of escalation procedures and meeting customer SLA targets
- Experience of Change Management
- Experience of onsite installations at customers and working on projects to deliver on time and in budget
- Experience installing server technologies
- Up to date Microsoft Server Qualifications and associated relevant skills
- Must be able to translate customer requirements into technical specifications
- Must be willing to undergo Enhanced DBS clearance.
- Virtualisation qualifications
- SAN qualifications
- MCITP Server or Enterprise Administrator in 2008
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012
- Specific Microsoft technology qualifications
- Wireless Qualifications / Managed Wireless Trained