|Job Ref:||204651291||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60 - £70/annum package||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:03|
QUANTITY SURVEYOR - MEDIUM SIZED CONTRACTOR - UP TO £70K + BENEFITS |
My client is a leading international main contractor specializing in construction, fit-out and refurbishment projects for the UK's Healthcare, Commercial, Retail, Residential and Pharmaceutical sectors.
They boast more than 60 years experience and have a yearly turnover of around £80 million. They have achieved a high degree of repeat business and formed long lasting positive relationships with clients, which is why they pride themselves in being good people to do business with.
They are currently looking for a strong surveyor to be number one on large projects.
* Ensure all team members understand project accountabilities and objectives.
* Regularly reviews project accountabilities.
* Regularly monitors project objectives facilitates a change in process where appropriate.
* Regularly reviews group CR policies and ensures project teams are updated.
* Liaises with client and project teams to maximise group CR policies and or opportunities.
* Demonstrates understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up.
* Ensure Wates main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed.
* Agree and implement project strategies with all relevant parties.
* Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value.
* Ensure all Wates subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to:-
* Measurement and valuation
* Contractual instructions / notices / orders
* Health and Safety
* Monthly MCR
* Procurement reports
* Agree and produce main and subcontract final
* Experience working with a Main Contractor on similar projects
* Ideally experience in Residential, hotel & office
* Experience in 2 stage tenders and procurement
* Ability to be number one on projects of £10 - £20 million in value
* Minimum 5 years experience post study
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other quantity surveyor roles within the commercial build sector, please contact Jen on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)