|Job Ref:||204651243||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:07|
Test Analyst - South Wales - £30-40k per annum|
Our client has a new exciting opportunity to join their IT department in Cardiff. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the main purpose of the post holder is to provide test analysis and test automation on a wide variety of projects and technologies.
Main duties include:
* Review technical and business specifications
* Work closely with the development team to understand the changes being made
* Prepare high quality test scripts and cases
* Creation of test plans and strategy
* Test web sites, web applications, windows applications and web services to ensure they function as specified, especially that they retrieve and store data correctly
* Fully cross-browser and cross-platform test changes, including black and white box testing
* Prepare and maintain test plans and test scripts using MS Test Manager and Team Foundation Server.
* Carry out test execution in accordance with agreed timescales
* Build test automation using MS Test Manager, MS Lab Manager, TFS and Selenium.
* Log defects and liaise with developers to resolve
* Facilitate user acceptance testing
* Maintain test environments and test data sets
Key skill required:
* Have a good understanding of software development principles, lifecycle and methodologies
* Driven self-starter able to drive best testing practises and standards
* Able to work on a range of projects to specification and timescales
* Understanding of current test methods and processes
* Experience in testing web sites, web applications, web services and windows applications
* Experience in MS SQL Server with excellent understanding of relational databases
* Able to write basic SQL queries
* Experience of test automation
If you would like any further information, please contact David Rolls on (Apply online only).
CPS Group (UK) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy