|Job Ref:||204651234||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newark on Trent||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:07|
Senior Project Leader|
Newark, Full time, Permanent
Attractive Salary + Benefits
Our Newark based client is to recruit a Senior Project Leader to join their team on a full time and permanent basis. You will be supporting the management and delivery of a range of IS based projects.
Role and Responsibilities
As Senior Project Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and delivering IS systems to customer requirements, meeting time scales and costs
- Developing or amending systems in accordance with department standards
- Developing the skills of indirect reportees by training, coaching and goal setting
- Assisting in the evaluation of system faults raised by other departments ensuring the effective running of company systems
- Contributing to global development ensuring business requirements are converted into feasible system designs
- Creating, monitoring and amending the standards and methods used by yourself and other IS functions to execute work, maintaining and improving the quality of work produced
- Managing projects by creating standard project management control documents and plans - delivering projects to timescales, costs and quality standards
- Building project tasks and resources to create plans that can be integrated with the IS PMO overall view, ensuring cross project priorities can be managed
The successful Candidate will be able to offer the following skills and experience:
- Degree educated within a relevant subject (IS discipline, Business, Project Management) or a minimum of 10 years` experience in a commercial development environment
- Confident with PRINCE2 methodology
- Fluent with the development life cycle
- Excellent interpersonal skills - tenacity, persuasion, negotiation and assertiveness
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical customers at varying levels
- Strong business acumen, with proven ability to translate design requirements into practical applications
- Proven ability to converse strategically with colleagues to establish effective alternative solutions
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, meeting demands of projects
- Ability to work as part of a team, whilst using own initiative
- Excellent organisational, time management and prioritising skills
- Knowledge of database design, communication infrastructure between system components, scalability, implications of development tool sets used and communications infrastructure
Candidate must be a holder of a clean driving licence and be prepared to travel globally, as required.
Ideally, you will be required to have experience of both Internet and Intranet application design, and have worked within a manufacturing / production environment.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy and good luck with your application.
If you have not heard from a member of the Future Prospects team within 7 days from your application, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The services of Future Prospects are those of an Employment Agency