|Job Ref:||204649602||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:04|
Vacancy: Slipform Manager|
Salary: Neg. depending on experience (hourly rate)
3DPersonnel's client is one of the UK's largest leading main contractors with operations through-out the UK and internationally. They have been established since the early 1960's specialising in large projects within residential, civil engineering and commercial projects.
3DPersonnel's client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Slipform manager to undertake one of their Manchester projects. Working with a local company who have established themselves as a Slip form Paving contractor throughout UK and Ireland we are looking for an ambitious Slip Form Manager that has a track record of successfully delivering schemes up to the value of £3M+ .
You will preferably have been involved in the installation of various slipform barrier/walling, slabs, drainage and kerbs or have extensive knowledge of working on site with concrete and ideally have been involved in commercial aspects of the works.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project.
* Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
* Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge.
* Liaise with the Contracts Manager to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets, for the projected workload.
* Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
* Overall performance management of subcontractors.
* Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and budgets.
* Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
* Ensures that the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with the CDM Regulations.
* Development of Inspection and Test Plans.
* Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures in line with the Inspection and Test Plans.
Qualifications / Training / Experience:
* 8- 10 years post graduate construction experience and preferably a 3rd level education.
* Experience of working across multiple sites
* CSR Supervisors Card
* First Aid
* Sound and knowledgeable commercial and financial understanding
* Project Manager experience
* IT Literate with experience in word, excel and Microsoft project.
* Knowledge of company policy and procedures including safety and environment related issues