|Job Ref:||204651145||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£30 - £35/hour||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:21|
Senior Highways Engineer|
Contract - Minimum 6 Months
Upto £35.00 per hour
A Senior Highways Engineer is required for a large international consultancy to be based in their West Midlands office. You will join the growing Highways team, which is around 60 people strong currently and delivers a wide portfolio of work from multi million pound projects for Highways England to designing small scale junctions for developers.
- To work independently and proactively on technical aspects of highways works.
- Technical checking and design reviews.
- Likely to be leading small design teams, of junior engineers and technicians, and have responsibility for their work.
- Candidate should demonstrate a proven track record in delivering technically complex major highway schemes, and have an excellent knowledge and experience of applying relevant highway design codes (e.g. DMRB). Excellent knowledge in the application of 3D highway design software packages (e.g. InRoads, MX) is essential.
- Ability in construction contract and specification preparation.
- Preparation of high quality technical responses to pre-qualification responses, proposals and tenders.
- Chartered Civil Engineer (CEng) with typically 10 years post-qualification experience.
- An excellent working knowledge of international highways standards; specifically DMRB, and AASHTO preferably.
- An experienced highways engineer having both design and management experience
- Planning and managing the technical delivery of projects, including adequacy of design compliance with standards and legislation, resource time, cost and quality.
- Must have strong technical skills to ensure successful project delivery.
- Previous experience of dealing with Highways England, and knowledge of key personnel at key client organisations would be an advantage. Involvement in client entertainment activities may be required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large international consultancy to work on the major Highways Projects on a contract basis for a minimum period of at least 6 months. They client are willing to pay up to around £35.00 per hour. If your requirements would be in excess of this rate then we would still like to hear from you as the rate may be negotiable dependant on experience.
If you would be interested in applying for this role or would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail then please either send an up to date CV or call Karl French on (Apply online only)