|Job Ref:||204651126||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:04|
Salary £25k - £35k
Our Client is one of the largest independent property services groups in the UK. They have offices throughout the South West region and South Wales that deliver their specialist services in: Construction, Retail, Interiors, Affordable Housing and Developments.
With many upcoming projects, our client is looking for an experienced Design Coordinator to join their team working on projects in the Bristol Area.
The ideal candidate would have 4-5 years previous experience working with a main contractor as a Design Coordinator or Manager with experience in housing, mixed use, residential and schools.
Purpose of Role
• Provide leadership to the design process on allocated projects
• Manage the interface between ourselves and our external consultants.
• Seek to utilise the innovation strategies available into projects where possible.
• Utilise the D&B Management Systems as a tool to manage the design process.
• Keep abreast of current technical issues and incorporate into schemes as relevant.
• Treat Client relationships as the most valuable asset.
• Learn from peers and managers to develop skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the design process using gained commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise
• Supporting, understanding and advising client as to the requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building design
• Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effect way
• Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice where appropriate
• Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
• Eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during the construction
Qualifications & experience required
• Degree in Construction Management or Architecture
Core Skills and Personal Qualities
• Understanding and interpreting the clients' requirements
• Programme focused.
• Innovative thinker and problem solver
• Strong influencing and persuasion skills.
• Ability to develop, manage and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally.
• Report writing
• Ability to understand and answer design related questions from Pre-Qualification and Tender Questionnaires.
• Drive, commitment and dedication.
• Results Driven.
• Flexibility of approach.
• Ability to work to deadlines and within tight schedules.
• Good communicator, with the ability to converse at all levels