|Job Ref:||204651081||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£0 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:04|
Planner - East Midlands|
My Client are one of the UK's Main Contractors and they are currently looking to strengthen their already strong Planning Division. Due to the fact that they are on the edge of massive growth, they are looking to strengthen every division within the office in Leicester to accommodate their large order book.
As a region they are currently enjoying a turn over around £170m.
Reporting to the Head of Planning, the Planner will be responsible for:
* To operate the planning system in accordance with the planning procedures, providing a consistently high level of service.
* To effectively and professionally undertake the planning function on multiple live projects ensuring the production teams are delivering the project time objectives.
* Working as part of production team, but with dual role as independent assessor of progress, giving confidence in project status to senior management
* Ensuring the company procedures and planning standards are being implemented
* Contributing to the capturing of output rates to ensure company database remains current and competitive
* Liaison with broader planning community, especially technical department
* Ensuring compliance with all current BYUK Quality, Safety and Environmental requirements
* Understand for each project the level of planning service and anticipated time allocation to provide that service
* Hands-on planning preparing, in conjunction with production team, optimum working programme to meet project objectives covering design, procurement, enabling, construction, commissioning, handover, client key dates as appropriate.
* Contributing to the capturing of project risks and proposing mitigating actions
* Communicating with other disciplines within production teams to ensure they are aware of their roles in meeting the programme
* Meeting/ communicating with supply chain specialists to confirm suitable method and programme for scope given project specific constraints
* As necessary, monitoring and reporting progress against programmes, suggesting mitigation actions were appropriate
* Understand the project forms of contract (with specific amendments) and ensure team are aware of actions necessary to 1) demonstrate entitlement 2) protect business from commercial harm.
* Summarise projects status upstream to senior management, highlighting any unresolved major risks and potential overruns
* Manage time and workload to ensure deadlines are met. Highlight any potential work overload to Line Manager as soon as it is apparent.
* Ensure the Company Health and Safety safe working practices are observed at all times
* Experience of construction projects across a broad range of sectors (bias towards commercial, mixed use developments , schools, high end residential preferable)
* Ability to manage multiple project programmes running in parallel
* Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of development; design, procurement, construction (structure, architecture, services), commissioning
* Excellent communication skills; ability to quickly and clearly articulate key issues and to listen and capture concerns of others
* Use of specialist planning software (ideally all of Powerproject, P6, MS Project)
* Knowledge of the key features of common forms of contract entered into in UK
* Knowledge of other sectors
* Experience/ expertise in 4D/ BIM
In addition to your technical expertise, we are looking for people who demonstrate our key values; RESPECT, EXCELLENCE, COURAGE, INTEGRITY and PASSION. We expect all staff to contribute towards our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and members of our supply chain.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact -Fabio Barreto- at Edge Careers