|Job Ref:||204649077||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£300 - £330/day||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:22|
McGinley Support Services operate as an employment business and currently seek to recruit experienced Field Engineer Civils Professional for long term contracts based in Reading|
Infrastructure Projects - Greater West and Crossrail
Field Engineer (Civils)
Base Location: Reading
1. Supports LFE in directing construction team and contractors in best practice for HSAE standards
2. Provides direction for contractor's work execution to ensure safe and environmentally sound work practices are used. Stops work where the safety of personnel or operation of the railway is in immediate danger.
3. Adheres to CQP and implements field engineering work processes.
4. Participates in the works planning process as required.
5. Provides field engineering input into contractor performance meetings as required.
6. Supports LFE/PFE and regularly liaises with the PE on technical issues to deliver the work in a safe, quality and cost effective manner.
7. Supports CM/SCM in coordinating and promoting the timely and efficient delivery of the works.
8. Supports the timely delivery of relevant contractor deliverables.
9. Responsible for surveillance and measurement of contractor work quality.
10. Attends hold and witness points where required.
11. Writes PDR's in a timely manner and takes supporting photographs.
12. Reports installed quantities accurately and contemporaneously.
13. Identifies non-conformances, raises reports and verifies they are resolved by the responsible contractor in a timely manner.
14. Participates in dilapidation survey walkouts as required.
15. Supports TQ responses where required.
16. Prepares FCDs as required.
17. Identify and raise all pertinent snags and verify that snags are closed out in timely manner.
18. Supports timely and accurate reviews of assurance documentation to completion manager.
19. Supports reviews of WPP and ITP where delegated by DPE.
20. Supports LFE in implementing NR cable management process
21. Monitors contractors adherence to critical rail temperature (CRT) process where required.
22. Actively participates in lessons learned activities.
23. Actively participates in team building activities.
24. Raises potential project risks and trends to LFE in a timely manner.
25. Supports PFE in resolution of issues which prevent timely execution of work to required health safety environmental and quality standards.
26. Supports LFE in implementing all construction processes and procedures.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Working knowledge of relevant railway systems and/or infrastructure terminology, design, construction and commissioning including civils infrastructure
Awareness of Network Rail procedures and standards
Collection and usage of data and translation into performance metrics
Awareness in planning and scheduling works is desired
Effective Influencing & listening skills
Good Microsoft Office and general IT applications skills
Understanding the implementation of Construction Quality Management systems
* reasonable levels of experience of designing or managing the design of relevant civil engineering and/or railway systems infrastructure, and an interest in managing the construction and commissioning of the designs
* has reasonable level of experience of overseeing the construction and commissioning of the railway systems &/or infrastructure designs including civils infrastructure and has limited experience of design or managing design of railway systems and/or infrastructure including civils infrastructure
Six Sigma Yellow Belt certified is preferable
Driving Licence essential
AC/DC PTS certification
IWA/COSS certification is desirable
Diploma in a railway Engineering or management discipline minimum and preferably associate chartered membership of professional engineering institution.
Health & Safety Management certification is beneficial
McGinley Support Services is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
McGinley Support Services is committed to making reasonable adjustments in order for all candidates who are successfully put through to the interview stage to be able to attend