|Job Ref:||204649062||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hemel Hempstead||Address:||Post Code:||HP2||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:22|
My client, an industry leading aerospace company, are currently searching for a EHS Specialist to join their expanding team based in Hemel Hempstead on a permanent basis. |
Role: EHS Specialist
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Description / Purpose
This Role has the responsibility for ensuring the Health and Safety of our Employees within the Workplace ensuring the Facility minimises its Environmental Impacts while maintaining full operational capability
Ensure compliance to appropriate Company Policy, Process and Legislation whilst embracing innovative practices to continually improve the reduction of risk to our employees and the prevention of pollution to the environment within which we work.
Key Task / Responsibilities
* Advise Management on the implementation of Corporate & national arrangements for Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) compliance and assist them in their implementation.
* Work with management to support the delivery of business targets and outcomes through the focussed and outcome targeted EHS plan, ensuring that EHS issues are represented in the development of products and business plans.
* Provide guidance, training and information to managers and employees on EH&S matters so as to assist them to maintain a safe, efficient and sustainable operation. Ensure that ongoing EH&S Foundation Training programmes are in place.
* Maintain and develop the EH&S Management Systems:
* Provide input to, and assist in the development of EH&S Policy and Procedure.
* Conduct regular reviews and keep all required records up-to date - incl' management of EH&S Committees.
* Organise the audit programme, conducting or manage audits, monitor improvement actions through to completion.
* Manage ground contamination issues and budget.
* Measure performance and initiate improvement actions.
* Maintain databases relative to substances used within the Facility.
* Manage the Risk Assessment programme.
* Assist the integration of the Management Systems.
* Ensure that the Management Systems certifications are maintained and audited to the required standard.
* Ensure that all emergency procedures are in place and tested regularly
* Advise on the design and selection of new equipment.
* Participate in the Due Diligence process for property transactions.
For more information and immediate consideration please contact Ben Pearcey on (Apply online only)
Roevin is a equal opportunities employer