|Job Ref:||204648735||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
BMR Solutions is currently looking to recruit for an Engineering Manager to work for our client who specialises in the manufacture of hi-tech special purpose machines.|
Position: Production Manager
Salary: Very Competitive
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client specialise in the manufacture of hi-tech special purpose machinery. They supply to a wide range of industries in particular manufacturers of automotive and aeronautical components. Their products are manufactured at their site in Bristol and are distributed worldwide, with markets being the UK, Europe, USA and Mexico.
Due to continued and future growth we are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will:
Effectively lead engineering capability.
Provide and develop sufficient engineering resource to efficiently deliver the company requirements.
Deliver on time, on budget, fit for purpose engineering solutions and advice to the company.
The role encompasses the management of a small team across several projects with the requirement to perform engineering duties in support of the overall team output.
We require a dynamic individual who can quickly build relationships with colleagues, direct reports, suppliers and customers. Experience is essential for this role as is the ability to organise your own time, integrate within the company and provide an excellent service to our customers.
Due to the markets in which we operate, the post holder will be required to liaise with people from different cultural and working practices. The position is based in Bristol with some projects allowing the opportunity to travel to our customers manufacturing facilities.
Overview of Responsibilities
* Management of mechanical and electrical controls engineering
* Managing projects, on time and on budget
* Experienced in Mechanical & Controls design of machinery
* Managing quality and safety of machines
* Research and development
* CE & safety of machines
* Customer liaison, project reporting and attendance of meetings possibly at customer premises
* Liaising with suppliers
* Managing version control of drawings and specifications
* Compilation and communication of bills of materials
* Compiling method statements
* Knowledge and appreciation of PLC & HMI programs would be an advantage
* Experience in 2D & 3D CAD
HNC / HND Qualified in Mechanical / Mechatronics engineering
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Good management staff
* Passion and competence in advanced engineering and technology
* A positive attitude with high level of commitment to challenges
* The desire to meet time and budget targets and customer quality expectations.
* Problem solving and coaching
* Knowledge and appreciation of special purpose machinery would be an advantage
* Experience in CRM
* IT literacy