|Job Ref:||204648716||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
Are you a Principal Systems Engineer who has the drive to be part of the nation's most complex and high profile maritime projects. Our client is one of the world's leading global Defence, Security and Aerospace companies. They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. We are currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer at their site in Portsmouth. |
As a Principal Systems Engineer, you will work on a wide range of activities including feasibility studies, research, design, development and post design services, involving the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project or business requirements. This role will give you an exposure to breadth and variety of responsibilities within various maritime projects. You will have an opportunity to manage and shape the future direction of the Mechanical discipline within the business.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Systems Engineer will involve:
* Developing a holistic approach to ensure that systems are designed and integrated so that they fully satisfy the customer and business needs/requirements
* Capturing and analysing requirements in order to understand the customer/business needs and the context in which the system will be used
* Identifying and managing the interfaces and dependencies
* Identifying and mitigating failure modes
* Determining the emergent properties of a system to support trade-offs, optimisation, risk reduction and testing
* Supporting the design and optimisation of system architectures and solutions using system modelling techniques
* Defining the verification and validation approach in order to achieve certification and acceptance of the system
Principal Systems Engineer skills and qualifications:
* Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or closely related discipline within an engineering environment developing your systems engineering skill set
* You will have deep knowledge of systems engineering methodology and tools
* INCOSE membership as a Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) or equivalent level of competence
* Experience of working in a Defence or Maritime industry
What we're looking for in a Principal Systems Engineer:
* You will have excellent engineering leadership and problem solving skills
* Your written and verbal communications skills will help you build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels including SME's and various engineering departments depending on what system and platform you will be working on at the time.
With their international programmes and core support to UK MoD Maritime, the projects you could be involved in will form the backbone of the UK Royal Navy for decades to come.
Security Clearance WILL be required for this role due to the nature of the projects involved.
If interested in this role then please contact Karla Harris-Hignett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either (Apply online only) (DL) (Apply online only) (Mob) - or send an up-to-date WORD CV to all correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency