|Job Ref:||204648681||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£58000 - £60000/annum + DOE Negiotable||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:02|
3D Personnel are currently recruiting a QS for our client who specialises in providing full project management skills creating the perfect house build for their clients.|
Our client are a privately owned property company that pride themselves in the quality and finishing of our projects with the growing reputation for delivering individuality and attention to detail by using the best materials and products on the market.
They currently require a Quantity Surveyor on a permanant position to join there office in Basingstoke.
The purpose and remit of the Quantity Surveyor role:-
* Ensure all duties are carried out in the accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions.
* Accountable for the profitability of the project/s, and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project/s to ensure delivery of required margins, in conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member/s.
* Produce and provide accurate forecasts of project/s cost to completion and final value with other members of the team.
* Continually monitor the projected costs to completion in line with budget.
* Ensure that the necessary interface information between the customers, sub-contractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner.
* Monitor the cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring the applications are made correctly and in a timely manner.
* Ensure the contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customers in a timely manner.
* Manage the subcontract tender process, including the selection of the sub-contractors and the provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
* Ensure that each of the sub-contractors accounts is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions. .
* Assist the Project Management team member/s in arranging and undertaking project reviews and the issue of associated reports.
* Provide accurate monthly reporting of the costs and values on the project/s in line with our client's company's reporting process.
The Quantity Surveyor skills and experience required:-
* Previous experience in Quantity Surveying, At least 2/3 years Experience.
* Valid CSCS card is required.
* Membership of a relevant professional body and / or relevant professional qualification is desirable i.e. RICS / CIOB / RIBA / ICE / CIBSE.
* Sound working knowledge of construction, contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of the tendering and procurement processes.
* Knowledge of construction techniques used on particular projects.
* Ability to apply the knowledge and the principles of commercial management to construction projects.
* Knowledge and understanding of subcontracting principles, together with the ability to draft and administer subcontracts.
* Ability to implement procedures to quantify and cost construction works, i.e. the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement.
* Understanding of the requirements to provide and the obtaining of Insurance, Bonds and Warranties.
* Proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
If this position is of interest to you please send your CV to or call NA