|Job Ref:||204648582||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum Up to £55k DoE + car allowance||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
We are currently working with a well-known construction company who are looking to appoint an experienced Project Manager to join their team|
As an experienced Project Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of new build care home projects predominantly in live environments throughout the UK. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Clients point of contact
• Progress reporting both internally and to the client
• Overall responsibility for construction, through to the completion of the building, to the agreed programme
• Formulating and agreeing main contract programmes
• To set the agenda for the construction process and the design/ information co-ordination to achieve that process
• Ensure site team manage in overall terms Site Health and Safety Policy, security and fire policies
• Assist with contractual correspondence and distribution of information
• Attend post hand over review meetings
• To discuss, support and advise team members on an regular individual and team basis and where necessary liaise with Human Resources for additional support
• Conduct, chair and minute regular team meetings with subcontractors and management and distribute to senior management
• Work to tight deadlines
• Arrange and ensure meetings with quantity surveyors regularly throughout contract
• Liaise with commercial staff and external sub-contractors
• Discuss site issues and progress with Student Accommodation Construction Director
• Attend pre-start meetings with on-site operatives
• Liaise with client, architect, structural engineers, Building Control and NHBC
• The ability to work independently without close supervision
• The willing to work away from the North East where necessary
• A full UK driving license
• Experience in a similar role (essential).
• Project managed large care home projects (essential).
• Degree (or equivalent) in appropriate construction related subject (desirable).
• Professional Qualification e.g. CIOB (desirable).
• IOSH managing safely (essential).
• Appropriate CSCS Card (desirable).
• Experience and knowledge of CDM regulations 2015 (essential).
• Knowledge and experience of Infection, Prevention and Control measures within a healthcare environment (Desirable)