|Job Ref:||204650436||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lincolnshire||City:||Lincoln||Address:||Post Code:||LN6||Salary:||£15 - £20/hour||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:23|
Our client requires 1 buyer to work on site in Lincoln.|
• To strategically manage the Logistics and Travel commodities for two business units based in Lincoln and to support others as and when required
• To manage savings projects and actions to deliver for any Indirect material commodities at our facility in Newcastle, it is expected that visits to this plant may be required circa bi monthly
• Support Travel and Logistics Commodity managers to deliver their strategies in the business units dealt with
Support any issues arising from the operation purchasing af Indirect purchasing commodities for the Lincoln businesses
• Analysis of spend reports, to identify and carry our negotiations with key vendors to achieve cost saving targets
• Work in a compliant manner at all times, following all HSE requirements
• Communicate with key stakeholders to ensure our services to them are of the highest standards
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Ideally you will be educated to degree level or hold CIPS qualifications Experience of Indirect procurement is beneficial.
• Demonstrate previous experience of achieving cost savings and stakeholder management
• Ability to work as part of a team and/or on own initiative
• Ability to communicate at all levels with various cultures
• Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst continuing to follow safety/quality guidelines
• Experience within a service business environment would be an advantage
What else do I need to know?
You will need the ability to travel in the UK, bi - annual visits to Newcastle are expected as a minimum.
You must possess a full valid driving license & passport
Dates for role
• This role is a temporary role to provide cover for colleague on maternity leave, it is anticipated that the role will be from 1st October until May 2017