|Job Ref:||204650421||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£30000 - £38000/annum + phone/laptop + 25 days = pension 5||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:23|
Mechanical Design Engineer - Heavy Industry / Foundry Equipment|
Based or commutable to: Wolverhampton / Birmingham / West Midlands
* £30,000 - £38,000.
* Phone & laptop.
* 25 days, pension (5% matched), healthcare, life assurance (x 4).
* 12:30 finish on Fridays
A well established and profitable market leading manufacturer of high temperature heating systems for the global engineering sector ranging from metals, cement, automotive, aluminium, steel and energy. This reputable UK business generates c£20 million annual sales and is part of a global business generating in excess of €1.32 billion.
Well-funded and profitable, my client has had to adapt their business strategy and product portfolio to meet ever changing customer and market needs. Offering a range of services from sales, design, manufacture, build, test and install they provide total turnkey high temperature heating solutions direct to end user customers.
With an established team of sales & engineering professions, the average length of service is approximately 7 years and due to a number of new business wins, my client is now looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
Mechanical Design Engineer - Heavy Industry / Foundry Equipment
* 70% of your time will be spent designing in 3D and 30% spent on 2D design.
* You will produce 2D layout of heavy industry / foundry equipment for presales enquiries.
* From there you will produce a 3D model and detailed 3D drawing of the entire system.
* You will need to design all of the associated mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, automated and electrical equipment / systems.
* Produce 2D part, fabrication, machining and assembly drawings.
* BOM (Bill of Materials), liaising with suppliers to ensure their products meet your specific technical requirements.
* Calculations: Stress, strain, load, bend and force calculations on structures, shafts and parts.
* In some cases you will need to size the pipe and various equipment such as motors & drives.
* You may also need to produce thermal calculations, flow, temperature, heat and FEA (finite element analysis) - training provided.
* To produce & complete all design, operation and maintenance documentation.
Experience & background required:
* Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer from within a heavy industry / machinery.
* Minimum HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering, ideally a degree.
* Experienced in a 3D Design package, ideally SolidWorks, AutoCAD or Autodesk Inventor.
* Commutable to or willing to relocate to Wolverhampton.
You will be working for a global business that is ranked within the top three global high temperature heating equipment providers in the world. Progression will be dictated by your own success and performance however, within five years you will have the option to be promoted into Lead Mechanical Design Engineers role where you will lead and supervise Junior Mechanical Design Engineers.
How to Apply:
For further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on (Apply online only) or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to