|Job Ref:||204650348||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£28000 - £33000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:23|
As a Project Engineer you will oversea 3 Project Engineers. The successful candidate will have an engineering background and a 'hands on, can do' approach in related project experience from concept through to production both individually and as part of a team.
This role may include the opportunity for travel throughout the UK.
* To contribute to a full range of technical and engineering activities in line with established quality processes, supplying specialist advice and support across projects and to other functions as appropriate.
* CAD / CAM programming for production and pre-production aerospace applications.
* Programming and running of CNC machines
* CAD CAM experience (NX Desirable).
* Mill turn experience - Use of sensor based approaches to metal cutting, particularly within milling.
* Evaluate technical documentation in order to develop proposals and solutions - including process improvements.
* Liaise with our international customer base to establish precise project requirements and provide technical support.
* Carry out a full range of technical operations, including the preparation, providing innovative ideas for design and concepts for pre-production, sample gangways and related products, selection of technical options, materials and methods.
* Assist with problem resolution and process improvement individually or as a member of a engineering team - Proven experience of working within a Projects Team.
* Plan, control and deliver assigned projects or work packages, and make an input as required to cross-functional projects/investigations - The appointee will contribute to the planning of multiple projects worth between £3k -£100k each.
* Use of sensor based approaches to metal cutting, particularly within milling. Planning and Organising.
* Build, develop and maintain customer relationships on a day to day basis is essential
* Supervision of tooling and fixture suppliers to develop appropriate solutions
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
* Ideally a Mechanical Degree Qualified or relevant industrial experience.
* Computer literate, working knowledge of Siemens NX would be highly advantageous.
* Commercial and financial awareness.
* Capable of controlling projects/work packages
* Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
* Experience of toolpath verification software
* Exposure to the aerospace industry highly desirable
* CAD / CAM programming
* Ability to travel UK
* Valid Driving Licence
On offer to the successful candidate is the ability to work for a true market leader in their field, with a fantastic financial package, with a great opportunity to progress your career.
To apply for the Project Engineer job please send your CV to or call Guy Osborne on (Apply online only)