|Job Ref:||204650258||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50 - £65/annum package||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:04|
QUANTITY SURVEYOR - LEADING TIER ONE CONTRACTOR - UP TO £65K + BENEFITS|
Our client is a British global contractor that specialise across Construction, Property,Residential and services. Fawkes and Reece are currently recruiting for the Construction business where they work on a mixture of Build and Refurbishment projects. The sectors they cover are defense, education, housing and healthcare. Our Client is a sought for contractor to work for as they have an over £1 billion turnover. Being an established Main Contractor, they can offer employees a great work life balance, an opportunity to work variety of projects along with offering a competitive package.
The client currently employs in excess of 20,000 people worldwide and has offices located nationwide. They are currently recruiting for their London division and are looking to bring on a Quantity Surveyor to work around the M25 areas.
Due to growing demands, they are looking for someone to join their team to work on projects that may involve healthcare or education projects.
* Ensure all team members understand project accountabilities and objectives.
* Regularly reviews project accountabilities.
* Regularly monitors project objectives facilitates a change in process where appropriate.
* Regularly reviews group CR policies and ensures project teams are updated.
* Liaises with client and project teams to maximise group CR policies and or opportunities.
* Demonstrates understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up.
* Ensure Wates main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed.
* Agree and implement project strategies with all relevant parties.
* Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value.
* Ensure all Wates subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to:-
* Measurement and valuation
* Contractual instructions / notices / orders
* Health and Safety
* Monthly MCR
* Procurement reports
* Agree and produce main and subcontract final
* Experience working with a Main Contractor
* 4 Years experience post degree
* Ability to understand financial reports and accounts
* Proven experience of working with high cost projects
* Ability to be number 2 on large projects
* Strong Interpersonal Skills
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other quantity surveyor roles within the commercial build sector, please contact Jen on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)