|Job Ref:||204650210||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
Health, Safety & Quality Manager (SHEQ) |
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 + Company Car + Health Care/Pension Package
SHEQ within the Service Industry
My client is offering a unique opportunity to join their multisite organisation within the UK. The position can be based from their Northern HQ and Home based
Responsibilities will include:
* Provide Leadership in best practice safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality (SHESQ) matters alongside the SHESQ department.
* Arrange for management controls to be in place for all personnel are mindful of their responsibilities and to provide advice if needed.
* To ensure compliance with the requirements of all relevant statutory legislation approved Codes of Practice, industry Standards.
* To set targets, to monitor and to apply 'good practice', to strive continually to improve overall health and safety performance.
* To provide and maintain for all employees, adequate and suitable health and welfare facilities and equipment.
* To identify hazards and associated risks and effect the application of suitable precautionary and control measures.
* To ensure that work activities carried out by the company do not have adverse effects on employees, visitors, members of the public or property.
* To identify and deliver all H&S & E training needs across the business.
* Advise site and operations management on all matters of environment, health and safety and quality
* Organise all site, operations and contractor safety training and inductions
* Carry out safety inspections and report in writing, advising on corrective action
* Carry out regular safety audits across all sites
* Promote safety campaigns, training and safety initiatives
* Cross fertilise lessons learned, best practices between sites and related companies and industries
* Investigate accidents, near misses, dangerous occurrences and environmental incidents - produce written report with recommendations for improvement/areas of deficiency regarding company systems/people/technology/equipment
* Ensure accidents/incidents are being reported and statistics maintained across all sites and analyse accident statistics, identify trends and point out/advise on areas for focus
* Attend/chair site safety meetings, safety seminars / forums
* To manage and report upon compliance with all environmental standards and practices
* To provide practical input to improving waste management.
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
* Must have at least 10 year's experience in a HSE position.
* CMIOSH or equal relevant (E.g. IOSH, IEMA, CQI)
* Relevant Sector experience.
* MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
* Desirable - NEBOSH Fire Prevention and Risk Management Certificate
* CDM Regulations implementation
* Risk Management
* Method Statement Review
* Site inspections and investigations
* Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards
* Experience of BSI ISO 9001 (overall management systems), BSI ISO 14001 and BSI OHSAS 18001 standards (H&S occupational)
For more information on the role please call Mark Davis on (Apply online only)
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy