|Job Ref:||204650122||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £55000/annum Bonus & Package||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:23|
Intermediate to Senior Mechanical Engineer - Property Services - London - £40K to £55K + Bonus + Package|
We are working with a global leader in property services, who provide occupiers and investors around the world with industry leading, end-to-end property solutions.
Operating within M&E Building Consultancy, their core business areas are Building Services Design, Condition Surveys, Technical Report Writing, Maintenance Strategies, Due Diligence and Plant Replacement Projects.
The work is varied and interesting and will set you on a course to develop an understanding of the commercial property sector that will set you apart from your peers. The role would suit an ambitious individual as the role has a clear career path to Associate within a growing team.
To design, manage and supervise end to end CAT A&B refurbishment projects, on existing buildings mainly within the commercial office sector whilst coordinating with other engineering disciplines. Carrying out detailed design in accordance with industry guides. Undertaking condition surverys, preparing specifications, technical reports, design drawings and budget costs to programme. Superving project works on site, workmanship and testing. Survey, Mechanical audit and reporting.
Responsibilities: * Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical; requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope.
* Agree level of service, and project design duties for each project, understand relationship with fee.
* Assist with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project.
* Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
* Liaise with the design team to produce coordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular in house design reviews and checks.
* Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
* Manage and participate in a programme of site inspections and Building Service audits including but not limited to condition surveys, dilapidations, due diligence and acquisition reports.
* Monitor contract staff or third party appointments.
* Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business. * Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
* Assist with identifying and implementing personal training and CPD requirements.
* Assist in developing working practices in the Company.
* Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
* Implement company health and safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
Knowledge & Experience: (it is essential that all candidates have worked in a Building Services Design role , the additional skills in terms of surveying and repoprt writing can be learned on the job)
* Have an in-depth knowledge of Building Services practices, procedures and standards; particularly principles of Mechanical Design and Engineering Compliance.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team or in isolation.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Innovative problem solver.
Please get in touch for a detailed conversation if this role seems of interest