|Job Ref:||204650082||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucestershire||Address:||Post Code:||GL9||Salary:||£40000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:23|
I am currently looking for a purchasing manager to work for my automotive client based in Gloucester on a permanent basis.
The client is consistently busy working on many new and exciting projetcs.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
2) Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
3) Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
4) Control purchasing department budgets.
5) Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
6) Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
7) Analyse market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
8) Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies & procedures.
9) Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
10) Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
11) Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
12) Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
13) Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
14) Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
15) Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
16) Administer on-line purchasing systems.
17) Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
18) Participate as a member of the Environmental Core Management Team (ISO14001)
If you or anyone you know may be interested please call Max on (Apply online only) or email
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy