|Job Ref:||204648511||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£60000 - £80000/annum £neg. DOE + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
We are a leading engineering company with a unique and extremely innovative product aimed at providing a new generation of green and efficient power units to key growth markets worldwide. We have recently made the transition from purely an R&D business into a volume manufacturer and currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Engineer to join our highly motivated team to head up the mechanical design function. |
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for the overall mechanical design of products for both development and production, to challenge, monitor and accept the engineering definitions from Work Package owners and manage the resources allocated for the design activity.
"To be the custodian of the design professionalism within the Company"
* To be the Company's Mechanical Engineering Design Authority.
* Manage and communicate project design requirements
* Be accountable for the generation and delivery of product designs and ensure their compliance with project objectives and certification regulations.
* Manage design resources in terms of capability, equipment, skills, personal development and recruitment.
* Direct the design programme through audit and review, specification control, DFx events and provision of any special testing, tooling and instrumentation.
* Review and approve design definitions for manufacturing release.
* Provide the technical and logistic co-ordination of design tasks between WPOs and any sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Manage product attributes and communicate design progress to Senior Management
* Provide technical advice on the direction of the Company's product strategy and associated research programmes.
* Monitor Project testing to ensure that the design intent has been fully met and actively participate in the understanding of failures to instruct appropriate corrective action.
* Has successfully lead a team of engineers for a number of years
* Preferably has experience of gas turbines or at least complex rotating machinery.
* Working with universities or research organisations would be an advantage
* Chartered Engineer or equivalent
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003