|Job Ref:||204648504||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum car allowance, bonus||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:21|
Performance Improvement Engineer - Energy from Waste|
National (Cambridgeshire and South London)
£60,000 + car allowance + benefits
We are currently recruiting a number of Performance Improvement Engineers to be site based at various Energy from Waste power stations across the nation ranging from the Cambridgeshire area to South London. Reporting to the Head of Performance Improvement you will ultimately be responsible for ensuring the power station is brought up to the design standards of availability in order to maximise efficiency and output.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of the Performance Improvement Engineer will include:
* Working with the stations engineering & management team and EPC contractors to ensure the plant is brought up to the design standards of availability and generation efficiency on a consistent basis.
* Monitoring and advising the stations management team in preparing, understanding and utilising relevant performance reporting and KPIs.
* Ensuring that potential solutions to the root causes of defects and other causes of plant underperformance are identified, assessed and costed with justified recommendations for solutions
* Working with numerous stakeholders including operations and maintenance managers, EPC contractors, owners' engineers and other technical specialists
* Ensuring that safety and environmental compliance are prioritised in the improvement of plant performance
Further details can be obtained on request
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
* Extensive engineering and maintenance experience on an operational power station e.g. EfW, biomass, coal, CCGT
* Ideally a degree level qualification in an engineering discipline e.g. mechanical, electrical, C&I or even chemical. HND/HNC level will also be considered backed up by extensive experience
* Experience working with CMMS systems e.g. Maximo, SAP etc.
* Experience working in a project engineering capacity with relation to plant upgrades / modifications / performance improvements would be a distinct advantage
* A full UK driving licence is essential for this role as travel to other sites may be required
For more information on the job and locations available please get in touch.
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
* A basic salary up to £60,000
* A car allowance
* A performance related bonus - details TBC
* Private medical cover
* A contributory pension
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity or to find out more information simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter or call (Apply online only) and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK