|Job Ref:||204648476||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
Project Manager - Based Central Belt Scotland|
My client provides building consultancy, construction, installation and process engineering to a wide range of clients across the UK and operate major contracts which can include principal contracting, large scale subcontracting and specialist services.
- Take ownership of the [project/project area] enhance the brand, raise the profile with clients and achieve a commercially sustainable business
- Manage the commercial performance of the project taking responsibility commercially for the contract and any variations
- Building relationships with all members of the staff on the project and supporting the project
- Ensuring that health, safety and environment are a priority on all sites
- Communicating with Merit staff throughout the business in relation to the project - lead the appropriate schedule of meetings to ensure the successful delivery of the project on and off site
- Providing the monthly project reporting internally and to the client - to include but not limited to Health, Safety and Environment, planning/building control requirements, document control, programme, variations (including tracking of priced and approved variations), commercial (including accurate project cash flows and a predicted cash flow at project commencement), contractor changes, risks (including contractual, programme and commercial risks), quality requirements and quality control.
- Monitoring the programme to identify any extensions of time that should be issued to the client, delays caused by the client, elements of the programme where the business is running late and mitigations need to be put in place and areas where there is a risk to the programme
- Managing the team to ensure that client variations are responded to and priced promptly and signed off by the client prior to works taking place on site
- Maintaining efficient communications with the client reporting early any impacts on the project which are as a consequence of the client or client changes
- Issuing all contract documentation in line with the contract including any correspondence which will support a claim made by the business or appropriately defend a claim by the client
- Producing in conjunction with the project QS accurate and timely project cash flows.
- Closing out all project requirements including the issuing of any post completion documentation
- Ensuring that site valuations are undertaken by the project QS by attendance on site on a monthly basis and that all appropriate priced variations are included in the valuation
- Ensuring that all technical specification revisions are issued to the client and approved
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A high level of computer literacy and excellent communication skills are essential for this role
- Ideally experience within the Mechanical & Process Pipework, Clean Room or General Construction markets.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Basic salary - Up to £65000
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Car allowance
- Fuel card
- NEST pension scheme