|Job Ref:||204647769||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Uxbridge||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Salary:||£350/day||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:01|
Our client is London's second largest borough Council. It has a diverse population, a thriving economy, award winning green spaces and two major busy London airports.|
The Council, in partnership with the Greater London Authority have agreed to establish a Housing Zone for Hayes which attracts public funding to boost housing delivery. They need a Development Manager to project manage and support the Housing Zone programme.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Planning, Transportation and Community Projects you will operate at a significant level within the organisation. You will be working within a complex metropolitan area at a time when Crossrail is being delivered together with a range of major regeneration schemes capable of rejuvenating this area.
You will work across the Council's services including, planning, housing, property, tenancy management, urban design/heritage, transport and highways. You will be a key player co-ordinating the delivery of the Housing Zone Programme. As one of the Council's major objectives you will be looking at effective and timely approaches to ensure the delivery of the Housing Zone outputs resulting in new housing for the Borough and its residents.
It is a hands on role that will require you to maximise the available resources and funding, working with the Greater London Authority and third party landowners to achieve the delivery of housing.
In order to be considered for this role you must have strong experience of the planning and property environment associated with major urban regeneration schemes. You will have knowledge and experience of complex project management processes, have highly developed experience of political and community engagement and an understanding of local government urban planning, procurement and financial management. Specifically:
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a managing a portfolio of new build development projects from initiation to delivery.
* Significant experience of the development process including land and property acquisitions, building contracts, design and technical standards.
* Experience in procuring and managing consultants and contractors.
* Significant experience of identifying, engaging with and managing a diverse range of influential contacts within stakeholder and community groups and partner organisations.
* Experience of contract management, project management and change control.
* Evidence of involvement in change management and delivery of service and professional practice improvements.
* Experience of developing and managing a strong customer service culture.
A construction / property related degree or equivalent experience is necessary as is a relevant professional qualification and membership of a professional body e.g. RICS, RTPI. Project management, Prince 2 or equivalent is also essential.
Our client is looking to appoint immediately, if you have the skills and experience detailed above please do not hesitate to apply.
Zoon Link is operating as an Employment Business for this vacancy